Interested in joining us as a resilience coach?
We want to hear from you!
As a Resilience Coach, you will run workshops for groups of 10-15 primary school aged children to strengthen their resilience. Workshop content has been developed and you will be provided with all required materials. You may be required to walk children short distances between schools and workshop venues.
For the right candidate, there is also the additional opportunity to deliver 1-1 coaching to primary school aged children as well as 1-1 and group coaching to parents.
This is a flexible, part-time position and coaches will be employed as contractors. Children’s workshops only take place during term-time. 1-1 child and parent coaching takes place after school and in the evenings, both during term-time and in the school holidays. Group coaching for parents takes place in the evenings during term-time.
- Deliver workshops, and potentially 1-1 and group coaching, in accordance with the Resilience in Kids Resilience Framework
- Engage with the parents and carers of children participating in workshops, and potentially 1-1 coaching – answering questions, offering advice and guidance and addressing concerns
- Assist in the evaluation of program effectiveness, including providing ongoing feedback on what is working well/less well
- Ensure the health and safety of all children, parents and carers during the delivery of workshops and coaching
- Create and maintain a caring, developmental and nurturing atmosphere during workshops
- Create and maintain a confidential space where children feel they can talk about their feelings and what is going on for them
- Provide emergency first aid to children, if required
- Implement strategies for ensuring the inclusion of all children in workshops
- Tertiary or graduate qualification in social work, psychology, therapy, teaching or similar
- At least 2 years’ experience running educational or therapeutic workshops for groups of 10-15 primary school aged children. A similar level of experience working 1-1 with children or 1-1 or with groups of parents is required if you would like to be considered for the additional role of delivering 1-1 coaching to children or 1-1 or group coaching to parents
- For those with non-therapeutic qualifications, some form of therapeutic experience or background
- Punctual, reliable and responsible and an excellent communicator with both adults and children
- An interest and passion in the subjects of resilience, wellbeing and positive mental health
- Able to adapt approach to respond to the unique needs of the group or individual, albeit within the broader context of the Resilience Framework and theme we are exploring
- Flexible, creative and adaptable
- Proactive and able to show initiative
- Up to date police clearance, WWC clearance, First Aid Certificate
- Must be able to provide details of 2 referees that you have recently delivered similar work for
- As a contractor, you will be required to have your own public liability and professional indemnity insurance